Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Opeth - Heritage

Review# 340

Even after a number of listens I still don't know what to make of this album. Heritage is very much an Opeth album in musical form, progressive theme musical technique and, with the exception of no growly vocals, vocal technique. But still I find that I don't follow the album all that much, I tend to find I get lost in my own thoughts as opposed to the music. I think that is really just something that comes down to the individual though. It is a great album but it just isn't sinking in all that rapidly for me. I daresay that I will come back to it in a few months or so and by then it would have sunk in enough to get the most out of it.

The Devils Orchard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1pi7Dn87mY&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment