Monday, October 17, 2011

Black Sabbath – Technical Ecstasy

Review# 295

I really had no expectations with Technical Ecstasy. While I do like my Sabbath I admit that there are some big holes in my knowledge of their back catalogue so I thought I would fill that a little. I am actually surprised with how much of this album I liked. To be fair I almost had to forget that this is Black Sabbath to do so. The direction of the album is more of a hard rock album, even featuring honky tonk piano riffs during Rock And Roll Doctor. The ballads are really rather terrible, but some of the rock tracks are pretty decent. I do much prefer the doom sound of traditional Sabbath but in its own context this isn't too bad.

Rock And Roll Doctor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKvx4M-pxNA

No comments:

Post a Comment