Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tool - Undertow

Review# 305

So yes I am the type of Tool fan that does not like Tool albums all that much. That hasn't stopped me from buying their albums over the years though. And if there is one that I am glad I found for $5 in a bargain bin its Undertow. Over the years I have gone back to it time and again, hoping that i can listen to it and enjoy something more than Sober. I really do, the album is rocky and hooky and has some decent riffs. But I just find that there is something fundamentally boring about it. And I can't quite put my finger on it. We had a discussion at work about this the other day even... But I had only had two hours sleep the night before and so the conversation potentially just ended with me going "jdjfjfkencnfk kdoc!!!?!" for a bit. But something is lacking, I guess that's made up in their future sound. A lot of people seem to like Prison Sex, but that not my cuppa. Just saying. I know that this opinion could get me some hate mail, but then that could be a good indicator to see if anyone has read it. Silver linings.

Sober: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8

No comments:

Post a Comment