Friday, October 21, 2011

Infected Mushroom – Converting Vegetarians

Review# 309

This album was recommended to me by my flatmate as she knew someone who tripped out to this for days thinking it was the second coming or something. Since acid or LSD or what have you are off the cards I am left to assess this straight, on a train, starting at 6:10am on a Friday morning. And my head hurts, I don't know if I just need some water or it is this music but I'm sure its not helping.I really don't know anything about trance so I can't say if it is good or shit in regards to the scene so this will be purely my rambling thoughts. Firstly, it is a 2disc set with the first disc being regular (I guess) trance music and the 2nd being more experimental. Secondly, if Jesus did exist I would hope that he would re-enter the world to music a bit more appropriate... Maybe Handle's Messiah. Anyway, the first disk is rather uninteresting and really really long... About an hour and a half or something. But nothing really pricked my curiosity at all. The experimental disc is... Well odd. And I'm not thinking good odd. I don't know, maybe after 2.20hours I have just stopped even trying to see if there is something enjoyable in here. And I certainly have no personal desire to take drugs to find some higher meaning in music, to me music is music and should already encompass any true meaning. Unless Infected Mushroom wrote music that can only be truly appreciated by ingesting something that will take you out of reality. If that's the case then its not fair of them. But then i am basing that on one known case so that's not fair of me. I think I will just agree that its not my cuppa and leave it at that.

If you want to check it out here is one off each disc:
Opagiffa Night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ot1a_3TZfE
Converting Vegetarians: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTDYWQFCSD0

If you would rather not:
Bleed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elNeQjTTnVo&ob=av2n

No comments:

Post a Comment