Monday, April 11, 2011

Bring Me The Horizon - Suicide Season


Review# 104


So there is a lot of shit flung at BMTH for "not being metal"... To be honest I can only assume that it is deaf people who would say that. I saw BMTH tear the second stage a new one at Sonisphere last year and while I didn't really know what there music sounded like I had heard all the stuff about them "not being metal" so had to check put what all the fuss was about. So yes they don't look like your "average metal band" - what ever that means these days! They looked young and trendy and main man Oli Sykes has his own clothing label and there is lots of white and bright colours... So what? If you dressed Moby up in one of Rob Halford's outfits would that make him metal? No,he would still be Moby and therefore a wanker! What I did see up on that stage was a group of young energetic lads who completely blew Slayer off the stage and managed to have a whole crowd going nuts... Oh and do you know what, the music sounded suspiciously like metal! So I finally found where Jb Hi-fi keep BMTH and got myself a copy (it was under Punk/Emo!) of Suicide Season. So the music is strong, aggressive and intense - it leans toward the Screamo side but is still heavy. I really don't see what the problem is, I understand that people won't like it as they don't like this kind of music but if you want good solid metal by a band that want to push the boundaries and don't care if follow or not then check them out and if what they look like bothers you then don't watch the music videos!




No comments:

Post a Comment