Monday, April 18, 2011

Tom Waits – Swordfishtrombones


Review# 111


Another month another of Josh's picks and another album and artist I know nothing about! Even though there have been some albums that Josh has sent my way that I don't mind I usually find them hard to understand the music or concepts - this on the other hand I have instantly taken a shine to. There are a lot of elements here that easily relate (and are likely influences for some) to the music I usually listen to. I love the experimental feel of the album and adore Tom's voice, and the album has a lot of balls to it. I am not huge on the ballady stuff but the rest is quality although I doubt I would like it as much if it didn't sound like Tom smoked about 10 packs of cigarettes and a bottle of bourbon a day!




No comments:

Post a Comment