Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The White Stripes – Elephant


Review# 106


Pretentious Wankery? Thats my thoughts anyway. I think I listened to this once many many years ago, but if I did I don't remember half the tracks - probably because they are tediously boring. It's actually rather painful listening to this now. So yeah, the main things I notice now is that it is pretentious, wanky and has terrible drumming. In fact some parts of this album would be reasonably listenable if there wasn't a limp wristed sister-wife behind the kit. I feel like she is too afraid to hit the drum kit lest it breaks! I guess that Jack White does some interesting things (occasionally) with his guitars and if I remember rightly there was a lot of people all excited about him reviving old sounds etc. Seven Nation Army is probably the best thing on here but if you want to listen to some super wankery with terrible lyrics then listen to Little Acorns; "cut off your hair girl, straighten your curls - your problems hide in your curls" apparently!



No comments:

Post a Comment