Sunday, April 24, 2011

Isis - Wavering Radiant


Alright. Going to review some of what Wikipedia calls Post Metal. What an odd name for a genre. I listened to some of this while reading my mail but it didn’t really help all that much. I did however gain some insight into how much banks make from bank fees.

Yeah, don’t really know how to approach this. Normally I’m right into music I don’t understand. There’s some cool guitar stuff in the right channel of Ghost Key. To be honest I wish the whole album was built around that. The vocals are alright clean; don’t really like the growly stuff too much. I can get into it when there’s appropriate aggression behind it but on this he sounds kind of bored. Same with the long songs, it feels like a token thing to me, apart from a couple of good instrumental breaks they’ve confused length with overlength.

On the plus side I actually like the production quite a bit. I wish the guitars were turned down slightly so that the drums would have a greater overall impact but everything is distinguishable and it sets a mood, which makes it more successful than most other metal albums I’ve listened to.

No comments:

Post a Comment