Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Beatles – The Beatles


Review# 63

Ok so I know nothing about The Beatles, I know a few of the hits and stuff but that's really mostly it. And unlike Josh I suck at writing about sound quality and analysing that kind of stuff so don't expect much from this review. But we agreed to do swap-sies and Josh will be finding out if he has “Got Cock?” so fair enough!

So first off the obvious stuff - there are 30 tracks but most of them seem to be around 2-3min length. The only songs I recognise by name are Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da and Revolution. Back In The USSR kinda rings a bell after hearing it and I remember Helter Skelter from Josh's review. Also this album is more commonly known as the White Album but is really The Beatles by The Beatles. OK.

I really don't know what to write for this to be honest. Nothing really sticks out, there are some all good tracks on here and some irritating (Wild Honey Pie). Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da reminds me of school “singing” on Friday mornings at Waverley primary where we just shouted as loud as we could... I always liked singing along to that one.
People often tell me I listen to weird music but seriously I think this is just as weird! It's just not loud and weird with distorted guitars and cookie monster vocals!

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJhcGepfG04
Helter Skelter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWuXmfgXVxY

No comments:

Post a Comment