Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bullet For My Valentine – Scream Aim Fire


Review# 75

There are certain albums you always regret buying and this is an obvious one for me. At the time I must admit I defended it and played quite a bit, looking back now I have no idea why. I quite liked Bullet's first album The Poison, at the time really liked it, so maybe it was out of loyalty and remembrance of better times. Eventually the idea that this is a good album wore thin then off completely. Today is the first time I have played it since about 6 months after it came out at some point in 2008. I remember reading an interview with main-man Matt Tuck where he said that they had written a full album as follow up to The Poison but scrapped the whole thing and wrote a whole new album after they "accidentally" wrote leading track Scream Aim Fire... One can only wonder if the album they scrapped was any good. And while the title track is the best thing on the album, and after listening again to it today, it is in no way the best thing they have ever written nor that great a song. The production on this album is absolute mud, everything sounds terrible on it which just add to the overall shitty-ness and the lyrics are just terrible. My understanding is that the new album is quite good but after this I am not going to seek it out.

Scream Aim Fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTLlbhlg1GM

No comments:

Post a Comment