Monday, March 21, 2011

The Sword – Age Of Winters


Review# 82

Do you want fuzzy guitars? A retro feel? Mythological lyrics? Then look no further than The Sword.
I brought this album after playing Freya on Guitar Hero 2 (over and over and over) and absolutely thrashed it. While I still like the lyrical themes of the album I do find it harder to listen to a lot now, mostly because there is a lot more interesting music out there. I admit are some decent tracks on Age Of Winters, Freya being the best, but it maybe just isn't aging as well as the scene they are trying to emulate so therefore makes a harder listen.
The other thing that bothers me is that while the fuzzy guitars are fine I don't think the drums need to be fuzzy too.

Freya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA-53uavtyA

No comments:

Post a Comment