Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rage Against The Machine – Rage Against The Machine


Review# 68

Now I will be the first to admit that I am not a Rage fan, I brought this album many years ago because other people I knew had it. So in knowing this, and because I haven't listened to his album for at least 5 years and Rage Against The Machine are a band that it's apparently taboo to have an opinion on - I have now listened to the album twice and back to back to make sure I say the right things.

So, last night I listened to it partly on a train and partly walking through Wellington and I thought to myself "man the production on this is tinny and a bit shit... And they must hate the bass player"! This morning, under the early grey morning and semi creepy emptiness that is Cuba Street at 6:30am, I must admit it sounded much better without all of the busy background noise of Wellington 12hours earlier. Usually I only find I notice such a difference in older recordings such as early Fields Of The Nephilim or Venom. I still don't think the sound is all that great, even without the background noise. For what should be really high impact songs they just come across flat. If this album was re-released with different production work or something that gave it that high impact then I would be interested to check it out and see if it does more for me.

So sorry Rage fans its not really a review for you I guess!

Killing In The Name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wMRuZ88O1U

No comments:

Post a Comment