Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Opeth – Ghost Reveries


Review# 84

This album is amazing. There are so many lush sounds ranging from Mikael Akerfeldt's Death metal growls through to his beautiful clean vocals all woven through music that really carries you along with it. When I first brought the album I didn't really know much about Opeth so when I put it on I would get a little confused thinking that I had listened to 2 or 3 tracks as opposed to 1 long one and I thought there were 2 vocalists... Thankfully I am not the only one who thought that!
Another thing I really enjoy is the contrast between heavy and light; sometimes it will be heavy both musically and vocally then suddenly light and other times the music could be heavy but the vocal line is light. I don't know, it's something I have always liked and in this album it is done well.
Another fantastic album for early mornings... Also for dark rooms and black candles if you are so inclined.

The Baying Of The Hounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjg7dQhARY
Ghost Of Perdition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenyBvpL0qQ

No comments:

Post a Comment