Sunday, March 13, 2011

Iced Earth – Iced Earth


Review# 71

Iced Earth is the first album by Iced Earth and the first track is.... Iced Earth. Now I have only just started listening to Iced Earth so I am not so crash hot on most of their back catalogue but I quite like this album. It has a real Iron Maiden gallop which is reminiscent in most of the other albums I have listened to and there is an element of drama to the sound of the music also. Jon Schaffer has some amazing guitar riffs and Gene Adam adds some great vocals, his voice is kind of medieval sounding which suits the music perfectly.
My favourite track is probably the title track, Gene sings in a kind of Black metal style and the song has a large dose of epicness.

Iced Earth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcx0KLN4zW8

No comments:

Post a Comment