Thursday, March 3, 2011

Revolting Cocks - Got Cock


Alright, so an hour of songs about sex. For a good synopsis of the band itself check out Storm’s review from a few weeks ago. Here I go.

Some people say you should never judge a book by its cover. As far as albums go this is actually a pretty good way to look at things. You know exactly what to expect from Magical Mystery Tour without even needing to hear the music on the album. This is kind of the same. In fact it’s exactly the same. Given this is my second least favoured lyrical theme imaginable we’ll see how this goes.

Okay, so I guess it’s all kind of tongue in cheek. Well something’s in cheek (that was a joke about the album cover, did you get it Storm? Hey Storrrrm). Basically the whole thing sounds to me like a parody of the 80’s. There’s the percussive synth work, dated drum sound. Even the lyrics are reminiscent of a time when everyone was making sex songs (Alice Cooper’s Trash is a fine example). It was just the cool thing to do.

I ended up liking the album more than I thought I would, it’s definitely a fun album to listen to, even if there is nothing in it for me lyrically at all. The best track by a million miles is Fuck Money.

Fuck Money

No comments:

Post a Comment