Monday, May 2, 2011

Deja Voodoo - Brown Sabbath

Review# 121

Well it's New Zealand music month, that one time of the year where we are reminded we should care about local music. So to be a good little Kiwi I am digging through my albums for something New Zealandish and this is the first of what is likely to be a short list. But at least I won't be reviewing Cairo Knife Fight.

As anyone who actually reads this or know me knows that I quite like sleazy Rock so theoretically I should be marginally partial to Deja Voodoo right... Well yes and no. Brown Sabbath is ok but it's mostly terrible. Lyrically it's a little too cliche for me to stomach and the music is not particularly original. The only song that’s reasonably listenable is the opening track We Are Deja Voodoo.

We are Deja Voodoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x__sPB5mMwI

No comments:

Post a Comment