Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fear Factory – Remanufacture

Review# 142


Remanufacture is literally Demanufacture re-mixed. Personally I don't like it at all. But I have never been one for covers... especially a full album of them. But it comes with the Roadrunner Records digi-pack re-issue of Demanufacture so there you go. One thing that it is really missing is the slight grimy sound from the original, so to me that looses a lot of the story. I guess in an abstract way it is interesting, I would never have thought to stick a perfectly timed guitar riff over a beat that is running at a slightly different tempo, but then I am not a DJ so how could one expect me to be aware that it is perfectly logical to run two tracks at a different tempo over each other. Cool.
For me Remanufacture just looses too much of the original impact that came with Demanufacture. The grit is gone and the re-mix takes too much of the energy and passion out of the album, the story also is lost to me... it's supposedly there but in this format I just don't get it.


T-1000 (H-K(Hunter Killer)): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqV3pYEXFGo

No comments:

Post a Comment