Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Led Zeppelin III


It’s been years since I’ve heard this one as well. This is just a sunny album. Listening to it at night doesn’t feel like I’m doing it justice. With the exception of Since I've Been Loving You, a particularly jazzy track about halfway through the album. I want it to be summer just so I can listen to this album in the heat of the day.

I’ve noticed Zeppelin albums tend to go in pairs. I and II are blues, III and IV are folkier, House of the Holy and Physical Graffiti are experimental and Presence and In Through the Out Door are rubbish. I don’t think I can choose a favourite from the first four albums, but this is a really good album. Probably the easiest listen in the Zeppelin catalogue outside of IV which everyone knows beginning to end anyway. The second half isn’t quite as good as the spectacular first half, although Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp is amazing and difficult to pronounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment