Monday, May 2, 2011

Slipping Tongue – My Kingdom Falls

Review# 122

I didn't really know who or what Slipping Tongue were until I saw them open for Coheed and Cambria a few years ago. That night they were amazing and they won over everyone in the group I was with so I grabbed a copy of the album on my way out. This got a good thrashing for a few months and if I am forced to pick a favourite kiwi band as if it is one genre then I would potentially pick these guys. While I don't think the album has really aged well over the last couple of years some tracks like Fixx still really stand out. I do think the band were better live than on recording but it is still pretty solid and has a decent raw energy. They did really shoot themselves in the foot by ending with the guitarist singing a song by himself as he has nothing on the female vocals.

Fixx: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBSKdLgl8o

No comments:

Post a Comment