Monday, May 16, 2011

Trivium – Ascendancy

Review# 130

Erupting from obscurity into the limelight, Trivium's Ascendancy hit like a bolt of lightening. I remember listening to this album for the first time and thinking "wow, imagine what their (third) follow up to this will be like - then came the Crusade...see my review from earlier in the year for my take on that album!
But in fairness Ascendancy is a strong solid album. Trivium wear their influences on their collective sleeve but in their own colours, not in Metallica's. Musically it's great and Matt Heafy's voice is fantastic. When I saw them at the Big Day Out a few years back they were amazing.
I hadn't listened to Ascendancy for a long time until now, I am pleased that I still enjoy it - Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr is still my favourite Trivium song, it is an immediate and satisfying track.


Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fpAFOSPKDs


A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhhxmcJ9DfQ

No comments:

Post a Comment