Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Devin Townsend – Ziltoid The Omniscient


Basically Devin Townsend’s Musical Version of The War of the Worlds. Probably the worst part about this is knowing I came across it at the wrong age. I would have loved it when I was sixteen or so. Metal, concept album, tongue in cheek. Now though? It’s alright I guess. The production on the drums is horrible. I found this something of a distraction throughout. Apparently it was made with no money, but since the problem is probably more on the mixing end rather than the recording end it’s not really much of an excuse to me. He seems to take enough pride in his work; I don’t understand why he wouldn’t want it to sond as good as it could. Humour is alright. It’s good to see metal not taking itself too seriously but at the same time it didn’t really make me laugh either.

No comments:

Post a Comment