Monday, May 30, 2011

Khoma - The Second Wave

Review# 144


I picked this album up out of a bargain bin many years ago based on some of the band-members links to Cult Of Luna and being mildly interested by the song Stop Making Speeches which is heard on a cd that came with a Metal Hammer mag. I quite liked it at the time, I thought it pretty but with a dose of power and seriousness and whatever else I was thinking when I was 20/21. I mean I guess in hindsight it's not a bad album, the fact that I haven't listened to it for years may help with it's palatable-ness at this moment though. Some of the album is ok but on the whole I find it a bit boring and wanky now. There are some moments that sound like a very very light Cult Of Luna but with nice vocals. I don't know, maybe this is just one of those albums that you only ever listen to at one particular part of your life then you are done with it. Oh, and it would be nice if the drums weren't drowned out by fuzzy guitars.


Apparently there are no studio recordings of this album on youtube so no vid today.

No comments:

Post a Comment