Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bob Dylan - Another Side of Bob Dylan


I’m going to be honest, I didn’t like this album when I first heard it. At all. It sounded slapped together and Bob’s voice sounded off. Then it grew on me. The slapped together approach kind of adds to its charm. The whole album was recorded in a single session and has a live feel to it which, like the debut, makes it sound like an outtakes collection.

By this stage it’s obvious that Dylan had moved on from the protest songs, which after The Times... it would surprise me if there was any protest left in him. He comes close with Chimes of Freedom but there is a good humour in I Shall Be Free No. 10 and Motopsycho Nitemare and even I Don’t Believe you that set a completely different tone for this record.

Of all the 3 CD versions I own I’m still leaning towards the Mono. The original cd has channel dropouts and is pretty close to mono anyway. The remaster is fine but still has some awkward placement in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment