Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms

Review# 163

I am really not 100% sure what to make of this album. Each time I have listened to it it has grown on me, but still I don't really like it and I have no real desire to continue to see if it grows on me further.
To me the album is missing a little "sazz". With Tool Maynard's voice is full of passion and conviction, here he sounds a bit deflated with the main point where his voice shines being on the track Judith. The music is alright but suffers from bad production, occasionally all I could hear was Maynard's voice over a jumble of instruments.
I wish I could like the album, I could maybe like some of the ideas and musical themes here if they were executed differently.

Judith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgKRCXybSM

No comments:

Post a Comment