Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kyuss - Sons of Kyuss

Review# 150

I have always avoided listening to Kyuss, too many references to Queens Of The Stone Age and also Sam telling me that I won't like them (due the aforementioned band etc)... So today I picked an album at random and of them all I pick the Sons Of Kyuss ep.
And with the exception of the vocals, which started to grow on ms a little bit by the end, I actually kinda liked it. Well mostly the riffs but still that's more than I expected!
The ep is still pretty much a full length album, clocking in at just under half an hour. It is apparently out of print now and can be hard to come by, I have no idea how much of a collectable it is though. Musically it is a bit heavier than what I was expecting for a band so involved with the Stoner Rock scene but then there is probably a lot more to it than I know as, to be fair, I know very little about this band and listening to Sons Of Kyuss has made that more obvious to me.

Black Widow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iloZW48IiJs

No comments:

Post a Comment