Thursday, June 16, 2011

Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf

Review# 166

Ok, so since I am usually less kind to QOTSA than people think they deserve I thought I would give Songs For The Deaf a whirl since it has the one song I actually like on it. Listening to this album now I find that I do like most of the music, some songs seem to be mixed better than others and it's easier to hear all of the instruments. The thing that makes me avoid this album (at least) is Josh Homme's voice. With the exception of Go With The Flow which I actually quite like for what ever reason. I won't go into this further as I know he is a well respected vocalist, and I'm not denying that, but some people can be a bit precious and so I will leave it at that.

Go With The Flow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHKOC64KnE

No comments:

Post a Comment