Thursday, June 9, 2011

Killing Joke – Absolute Dissent

Review# 162

Killing Joke are another band that I am just coming to grips with their back catalogue. My entry point being the 2003 self-titled album which has a different feel to it than Absolute Dissent but I am not sure how this stacks up to the other albums. I do know that a lot of long time fans really dig it, personally I am finding it to be a bit of a grower but I seem to find I like it a little more each time and find a little something extra also. The sound on the album is great, it is very immediate and doesn't seem to lack in any way. Jaz Coleman is one of those amazing front men who is always very present – even on record. This is a very solid album, even if it takes a few spins to really get into it, but it's worth it for this harnessed eccentricity.

European Super State: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naUAuptzUb4&feature=related
This World Hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoKBmJ-0khg

No comments:

Post a Comment