Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Holy Moses - Disorder Of The Order

Review# 157

I had maybe heard of this band in passing before catching them live at Bloodstock last year. I had no idea what to expect – not even sure if I would have picked them as a German Thrash band who have been around since the 80's, definitely would not have expected a woman with an amazing set of pipes that sound like her vocal chords have been coated in tar then had gravel laid down And I was not really expecting I would like them... a couple of songs in and I was converted. I doubt they will be every ones cup of tea but there is a certain element to them that won me over. I am still making my way through the back catalogue (aside from this album I have only listened to New Machine Of Liechtenstein) so I don't have a lot to compare it too aside form those two albums and a live show, but the key seems to be in the raw element of the musicianship and the pinch of fun thrown in. They have a real passion that comes through too which really adds to the whole atmosphere.

Deeper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OnRxjMTMEY
Princess Of Hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsNZ4cn8Ogs

No comments:

Post a Comment