Monday, February 28, 2011

Crazy Town – The Gift Of Game


Review#59

Oh fuck this sucks fetid maggoty ass! I would like to point out first off that I have never owned, nor listened to this album before and have no idea what else Crazy Town do besides the embarrassingly catchy Butterfly but I found a copy of this in my flatmates CD tower so I had to go there... It's like a kid wanting to touch the hot oven... I just had to do it!

To be fair the Rap Rock thing, for the most part, never really clicked with me but even basing this on radio play it's a tragic effort and really only had Butterfly to push the album which peaked at #10 in NZ. So yes, the “music” is painful to listen to, the lyrics are shit “I'm tripping on acid rain” …???? Usually people die if they drink acid rain so I guess kudos to them. The production is nothing to write home about either.

This is actually the worst album I have listened to in a very long time! I cannot find anything good about it as I don't really have the nostalgia kick like with Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory with the very brief exception of the song Butterfly which reminds me of working at Pizza Hut!

So to sum up this album; this is an anger inducing piece of aural rape and is more likely to make me go on a killing spree than anything that is usually blamed for making people go on killing sprees! Sorry Sam you have had to sit through this shit with me, it really shows your dedication to our relationship though! And kids, don't think it will be interesting to touch that hot oven as all that will happen is that YOU WILL WANT TO STAB YOUR EARDRUMS OUT!

I don't want to put a video up as I would hate for someone to end up watching it but I will leave you with a line from what is possibly the worst song (it stuck out to me as the worst anyway) I have head in a very long time. This is from Only When I'm Drunk: “I get drunk and I stumble to the phone and conjure up a bitch to bone when I'm alone” …. … … … Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment