Friday, February 11, 2011

Boris – Pink


Review# 4
I honestly don’t know a hell of a lot about Boris but I really like the album they did with Sunn O))) so I am keen to check out Pink which seems to be the most talked about album they have. I have had this album on my iPod for a few months now and this is only my second listen and so far I am loving it. Let’s see how it is after 2 songs!
The album starts with track called Farewell, a real stoner track with a hint of doom then cracks into the title track which that and the following track, Woman on the Screen, are great heavy rock tracks with over distorted guitars. Woman on the Screen almost sounds like Queens of the Stone Age but crazier!
Blackout is an awesome drone track which breaks up the rock tacks with a suddenness that makes you go “whaa?” but in context it works quiet well. After Blackout, Electric and Pseudo-Bread up the ante again. I have to admit I am loving the distortion they use, it is a great mash up of noise that is somehow satisfying not irritating.
From the song Afterburner I have not enjoyed the music nearly as much as the first 7 tracks. I could not really put my finger on exactly what it is but hey. The final track, Just Abandoned My-self, starts off pretty well but if it can keep me entertained for 18min15sec is yet to be seen...
...So no it does not. I have nothing against 18min songs but after listening to an album that is full of 2-4.30min songs it is a bit much. But that could just be me!
Over all I really enjoyed the album but don’t really need the last 4 songs. Good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment