Saturday, February 12, 2011

Testament – Souls Of Black


Review# 30

I had never heard any Testament before playing Rock Band where I discovered the title track to this album and I instantly took a liking to it. I am not really a huge Thrash fan so it has really taken me a while to get into the album more but there are some good hooks here and it does sound like they have a more “traditional” Heavy Metal sound than straight forward Thrash. My favourite song is still Souls Of Black, I like the riffs (especially the bass) and the way Chuck Billy says “black”. Other stand outs would be Absence Of Light, Love To Hate, Malpractice and Falling Fast.

This is a pretty solid album and it sucks that when it was released it ended up, like so many other albums of the time, loosing out to the grunge scene. If you like your classic Trash/Metal then this is definitely worth a spin.

Souls Of Black: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqiTNHJVp9E

No comments:

Post a Comment