Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kiss – Sonic Boom


Review# 47

To be honest I don’t really know the Kiss back catalogue very well besides the singles so I don’t really know how to compare album wise. I got Sonic Boom as part of an xmas present a year ago and for quite sometime absolutely thrashed it. It is catchy and easy to sing along to and heaps of fun. Personally I stopped listening to it a lot due to a need for heavier music again but I still like to bust it out for parties every now and then. The lyrics are cheesy as,for example; "baby feel my tower of power".
There is a real feel of celebrating the Kiss legacy here though,they know they are much older now and that people just want good old fun Kiss. It doesn’t have to be serious or really adventurous, a band with Kiss's legacy really just needs to have fun and entertain the fans which they have done stupendously with Sonic Boom. The bonus disk with the special edition version is great too, its chocka with Kiss classics although I am disappointed that strutter was missed off!
If you want a bit of rockin' fun then Sonic Boom is a good album to try.

Modern Day Delilah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTSYBuzmmD0&feature=related

1 comment: