Sunday, February 13, 2011

Illdisposed – 1-800 Vindication


Review#45

This is a Death metal album but as you listen you will find that quite a number of tracks have tinges of Industrial sounds subtlety hidden within which I quite like. Its not the most pioneering album ever but with songs like Dark, Now We’re History and Jeff it is catchy. It is maybe more accessible to those just getting into Death metal but I can see why this album would not be to everyone’s liking. There is a certain something to it, maybe a "softness" if that's the right word? It's like meat and potatoes with no gravy, there is just an element missing that's kind of hard to put my finger on.
But in saying that there are some enjoyable moments on here, Dark takes the cake personally, there is a lot more grunt to it and fantastic hooks. The album is a little bit top heavy album with most of the best tracks in the first half. Overall it is good for a casual listen every now and again. I have no beef with it and I did thrash it when I got it but I am not certain how well it will hold up over time.

Dark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSKIOS_Q1tU

No comments:

Post a Comment