Saturday, February 12, 2011

Susperia – Attitude


Review# 16

So I would like to start off by mentioning that I know nothing at all about Susperia. They are another one of those bands that ended up in my iTunes by way of Sam's brother (thanks Robbie =D ) and well I liked the album artwork so thought I would review it.

According to good old Wikipedia, Susperia are a Norwegian Black/Trash metal band founded by dudes of Old Man's Child, Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon pedigree. Well that's good enough for me, let's see if you should judge an album by it's cover...

A couple of tracks in and I am enjoying myself, the sound so far is great... more on the Thrashy side than the Black metal side but it has plenty of attitude as the album title claims. I feel the Black metal elements come in through the drums (predominately) in places and occasionally other riffs or vocal lines like in Sick Bastard, although having Shagrath (Dimmu Borgir) guest on this song helps! Overall there is a pretty good mix, the vocals can change between cleanly sung, growls and a touch of the Black metal styles. The same really goes for the guitars and drums. The album does have more of a Thrash feel to it but does mix in all of the above elements so it stays fresh.

Good job Susperia, you have my interest piqued!

Character Flaw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ThJ8_LLSjA
Sick Bastard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwbvgBplvHw

No comments:

Post a Comment