Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dragonforce – Inhuman Rampage


Review# 44

So, I loved this album when it first came out. It has a certain geek appeal to it and one just cant help but be impressed by the speed at which they play. The main problem with this album is over time it the cheesy-ness just becomes more and more hard to bear. I saw Dragonforce when they came to NZ 4 or so years ago and they were awesome live, based on their live performance I would definitely pay to see them again but after living with this album for a while I don't think I would ever buy an album again. There is a soft spot in my playlists for Through The Fire And Flames but I struggle to get through an album now, especially once you hit the last four (of eight) tracks. There are elements I like, like the guitars having cool “video gamey” type effects from time to time, the technical aspect of the playing and the lyrical content being all fantasy and battle epics but it is just so cheesy and long that after a while it just wears on me somewhat.

This album would benefit in a couple of ways; either cut the last half and release it as an EP or replace the last four tracks with ones more like the first four.... that could in itself be tedious but then a the very least no-one would have to listen to Trail Of Broken Hearts.

Through The Fire And Flames: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

No comments:

Post a Comment