Saturday, February 12, 2011

Six Feet Under – Maximum Violence


Review# 25

I don't usually like Six Feet Under, but the opening track on this album Feasting On The Blood Of The Insane is a pretty rad track. I don't know this particular album at all (I picked it because I like the name) but if the rest of it is this cool then I will be super happy!

There is a nice touch of groove here that helps move the album along. I have to admit I quite like Chris Barnes' vocals but they do crack me up somewhat and sound like they must hurt his throat but are still reasonably identifiable, at least for Death metal. The lyrics are brutal,“Bodies missing legs and arms / Head is crushed to a reddish pulp / Torso drained of blood and bile / Butchered rotted corpse defiled / Hand me the bonesaw” (from the song Bonesaw). The sound of the music is as brutal as the title suggests and with songs like Mass Murder Rampage, Bonesaw and Hacked To Pieces you have an idea of what you are in for before you even put the album on. I have decided I quite like this album, definitely more than Bringer Of Blood which I am more familiar with in the Six Feet Under catalogue.

Victim Of The Paranoid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk-NS8l_Aw4
Feasting On The Blood Of The Insane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6hKey7gIBo

No comments:

Post a Comment