Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tool – 10,000 Days


Review# 23

Vicarious is probably the best Tool song ever, well it's my favourite any-who. And what a way to start an album! I have to admit that I very rarely listen to a Tool album in full, I love Tool but more just bits of Tool if that makes sense. So this will be the first time in a long while since I have listened to this album right through but in saying that there are songs, like Vicarious, that sit high up in my top played songs and I listen to frequently.. just not the album as a whole so lets see how it goes!

The great things with Tool is the variation in sounds, tempo and key change, it really does take you on journey... albeit an odd one! Listening to Wings for Marie (pt1) through headphones it rather amazing too, with sound bouncing all around from one side of your head to the next. There are some great tracks on here; Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned and I am enjoying Wings for Marie (pt 1) and 10,000 Days (Wings pt2) more than I have in a while too. On the whole I is a solid album but one I find hard to write about has it really is one that seems like you just need to hear it to get it? Something like that. Or maybe it's because this is the 3rd review I have written today, in preparation for not having time while away for the Big Day Out, and I suck at writing so my brain has melted somewhat! So here is a video, sorry the quality is not great as Tools management is as anal as Rammstein's!

Vicarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE54IVz9rOw&playnext=1&list=PL4F1E14F26813FB3E&index=19

No comments:

Post a Comment